Join Us for #MALTFoodWeek: February 22–26!
February 12, 2021
For thousands of years, communities across the globe have gathered around the table over food and drink. We join together not merely to eat, but to connect, to celebrate and to mourn, to find comfort and nourishment in the sharing of a meal. Such gatherings are somewhat less common these days as we continue to shelter in place, but that doesn’t have to stop us from coming together in the ways that we can.
We invite you to join our virtual table for #MALTFoodWeek from February 22-26! A week-long celebration of our robust local food system to support MALT-protected farmers and ranchers and, most of all, bring this resilient community together over our shared love for food.
Join your community members, chefs, MALT producers and staff on social media and cook up new and favorite MALT-protected meals throughout the week! Stock up at the farmers’ market or buy directly from MALT producers, fire up your oven, chop your veggies and join us for a week-long celebration of local foods!
How do I participate in #MALTFoodWeek?
- Follow us on social media! Come join our virtual community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see what your fellow community members are brewing up in their kitchens.
- Buy local and cook with MALT-protected foods throughout the week of February 22-26!
- Share your favorite recipes and snap some photos of your MALT-protected meals on social media. Tag @malt_ag on Instagram and Twitter, and @MALTcommunity on Facebook and use #MALTFoodWeek with your posts!
- Explore what other community members, chefs, MALT producers and staff are making through #MALTFoodWeek on all social media platforms. We will select and repost shared photos, so don’t forget to tag us!
- Spread the word! MALT has been a part of the fabric of Marin for 40 years, protecting farmland, advancing sustainable agriculture and spreading the word about the diverse array of delicious foods that come from this region. But it is only possible with the support of this community, a community we hope to grow in 2021. Have your friends join #MALTFoodWeek, follow MALT on social media, buy locally from MALT-protected farmers and ranchers, take photos of MALT-protected meals and share online!
- The top five foodie creations will earn you a MALT goodie bag and a shout out on our blog!
- Not active on social media? Send your favorite MALT recipes and meals to tconway[at]malt.org.
What local food is MALT-protected?
MALT has protected 86 family farms and ranches, totaling more than 54,000 acres. These MALT-protected lands support five artisan cheesemakers, eight egg producers, 12 fruit and vegetable producers, 19 wool producers, 25 sheep operations, 26 dairy cow operations and 60 beef cattle operations.
Check out our Buy Local page to find the abundance of incredible products from MALT-protected farms and ranches!
Need some recipe inspiration?
Check out our blog for delicious #MALTFoodWeek inspiration! Here’s a few to get your mouth watering:
Happy cooking! See you and your delicious food on social media at #MALTFoodWeek.