Stemple Creek Ranch: Dry Rub Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
August 12, 2020
- 3 pounds Stemple Creek Ranch free-range pork spare ribs
For the dry rub:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- While pasta is cooking, heat cream over low-medium heat in a wide skillet. Add butter and whisk gently until melted. Add shredded Toma, one cup at a time, stirring until melted after each addition. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta, tossing it gently to coat in the sauce. Add some pasta water, as needed, to loosen the sauce.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Pat ribs dry with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife to cut off the thin layer of connective tissue on the back of the ribs.
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well. Coat the ribs on both sides with the dry rub.
- Place ribs meat-side-down in the center of a large piece of heavy foil. Seal the top and side edges of the foil together to create a pouch around the ribs. Place on a large baking pan on the center oven rack.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and open the pouch to expose the ribs.
- Put the oven on a broil setting. Return the ribs to the center oven rack and broil uncovered for 3–5 minutes to brown the top and caramelize the rub. Watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Cut finished ribs into servings and plate with veggies of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet and add butter and olive oil to the pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Turn off heat and add cream and half of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer half of the onion-cream mixture to a glass baking dish or casserole dish, and place one layer of potatoes on top. Follow with a layer of Red Hawk wedges. Add one more layer of potatoes, Red Hawk wedges and the remaining onion-cream mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another half hour or until the top is brown and bubbly.
Purchase Tomales-raised pastured pork ribs today by ordering directly from Stemple Creek Ranch! Click the link below to have grass-fed beef, lamb and pork delivered to your doorstop.