Stemple Creek Ranch: Dry Rub Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
August 12, 2020
- 3 pounds Stemple Creek Ranch free-range pork spare ribs
For the dry rub:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Pat ribs dry with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife to cut off the thin layer of connective tissue on the back of the ribs.
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well. Coat the ribs on both sides with the dry rub.
- Place ribs meat-side-down in the center of a large piece of heavy foil. Seal the top and side edges of the foil together to create a pouch around the ribs. Place on a large baking pan on the center oven rack.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and open the pouch to expose the ribs.
- Put the oven on a broil setting. Return the ribs to the center oven rack and broil uncovered for 3–5 minutes to brown the top and caramelize the rub. Watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Cut finished ribs into servings and plate with veggies of your choice.
Purchase Tomales-raised pastured pork ribs today by ordering directly from Stemple Creek Ranch! Click the link below to have grass-fed beef, lamb and pork delivered to your doorstop.