Fresh Run Farm: Pete’s Potato Garlic Mash
January 27, 2021
- Boil the potatoes until tender. The more uniform the potato size, the better.
- As the potatoes start to boil, melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet.
- When the butter starts sizzling, add garlic. Cook the garlic over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Don’t let it burn and get crispy.
- Add cream and heat this mixture until it is almost too hot to taste, but not boiling.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain the water and keep them in a covered pot. Mash the hot potatoes in the pot.
- Fold in the cream mixture with a large spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the chopped chives before serving.
Located near Bolinas, CA, Fresh Run Farm is operated by third-generation farmer Peter Martinelli, growing sustainable heirloom fruits, vegetable and flowers for San Francisco restaurants Quince, Cotogna and Verjus and through a CSA. Follow Fresh Run Farm on Instagram for more information and the farm’s latest updates.