Sydney’s Lunch: Winter Squash Tacos
March 2, 2020
If anyone inspires recipe envy in the MALT lunchroom, it’s major gifts associate Sydney Weisbach.
With a degree in agro-economics, and years of restaurant management on her resume — including at our beloved local Side Street Kitchen and The Station House — Sydney’s lunches are as yummy as they are beautiful.
A locavore through and through, Sydney sources her ingredients from MALT ranches as much as she can. So, without further ado, here is a quick and easy recipe for one of Sydney’s current favorite lunchtime dishes: winter squash tacos, complete with squash, radishes and cream from MALT-protected lands.
- Oven roast the squash until tender.
- Peel the squash. Using a fork, mash the filling. Add a pinch of cinnamon, chipotle or cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm cooked black beans in a pan with a pinch of chipotle chili powder and salt to taste.
- Prepare garnishes by slicing the watermelon radishes and avocado, and shredding the cabbage.
- Place the winter squash and black beans on a warm tortilla. Add garnishes and drizzle sour cream on top.