Farms and ranches constitute nearly half of the land area of California and are sold out of agriculture at astonishing rates. In response to mounting development pressures in West Marin, MALT was founded to protect these treasured lands.
In protecting farmland, MALT safeguards:
- Marin’s bounty of healthy, local food
- An economically viable agricultural community
- Habitat and connectivity for more than 100 species of wildlife
- Scenic, climate-resilient landscapes
- Marin’s heritage and a cherished way of life