February Events in Marin County
By Karisma Wilson,
February 6, 2024
This February, you can plan a romantic wine and cheese filled weekend, or spend your bonus day leaping over the lush hills that surround Marin in the rainy season. Look below for a monthly roundup of farm visits, walks, markets, nature talks, and volunteer opportunities.
The beautiful vistas of MALT-protected land you’ll encounter as you explore the region help support our thriving agricultural community, sustain biodiverse habitats, and connect us to our local food and fiber producers. We hope you will enjoy all the events Marin’s open spaces and working lands have to offer.
Use these buttons to hop to different sections that interest you most.
Farm Visits and Tastings in Marin
View the days and times of weekly farmers’ markets hosted by the Agricultural Institute of Marin around the Bay Area as well as this list of farmers’ markets sorted by the day of the week.
- Wednesdays-Sundays, Valley Ford Creamery, between 8-3, Valley Ford
- Saturdays, Meadery Tour and Tasting, Heidrun Meadery, Point Reyes Station
- Daily, Pasture Fresh Eggs at Petaluma Farm Stand, 8-8, Tomales
- Daily, Nicasio Valley Cheese Company, 10-5, Nicasio
- Daily, Hog Island Oyster Co., The Hog Shack, 9-5, farm tours by reservation, Marshall
- Daily, Marin French Cheese, between 9-5, Petaluma
- Weekdays, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company tastings, 11-3, Point Reyes Station
- By Reservation, Ranch Picnic Experience, Tomales
Family Farm Days at Slide Ranch resume in February, so make sure to register this month.
You can book food and farm tours to visit multiple producers of local food and fiber in one day-trip!
Hikes, Walks, and Rides in Marin
Volunteer Opportunities in Marin
Wildlife and Nature Events in Marin
- Weekends, year-round, Weekly Ranger Programs, Point Reyes National Seashore
- February 4, Journey of the Whales, Point Reyes National Seashore
- February 7, Backyard Birds of Inverness, Inverness
- February 17, Owl Meet and Greet, San Rafael
- February 25, Exploring Elephant Seals, Point Reyes National Seashore
Markets and Other Family Fun in Marin
Please double check details for all events at the links above before venturing out, as MALT is not the event host organization for most of the Marin events listed here. Dates, times, fees, or restrictions may change.
EAT LOCAL, STAY CONNECTED
Every time you shop, you can choose to support your local food economy and the farmers and ranchers who help steward this vital landscape. Start today!