In Support of Cheese!
April 15, 2020
West Marin is famous for its cheeses. MALT has had the honor of partnering with many of Marin’s cheesemakers for decades, providing critical support as they got their cheese operations running. Cheesemakers, and their ongoing success, are essential to the agricultural economy — and the future of farming — here in West Marin.
With the shelter in place orders of COVID-19, residents of the Bay Area and people across the country are changing the way they shop and eat, purchasing more from farmers’ markets and grocery stores. And while milk, fresh vegetables and eggs are suddenly in high demand, cheesemakers are experiencing radical changes in their markets.
We at MALT urge all cheese lovers to support Marin’s cheesemakers by purchasing their cheeses, today. Because, right now, eating amazing cheeses also means protecting Marin’s farmers and farmland, forever.
- Bivalve Dairy cheese can be found at Petaluma Market, Oliver’s Markets, The Palace Market, Toby’s Feed Barn, Brickmaiden Café, Gary’s Wine & Marketplace in Saint Helena, Woodlands Market in Kentfield and both Good Earth Market locations in Fairfax and Mill Valley!
- Cowgirl Creamery cheeses can be ordered online for delivery directly to your home. Cowgirl’s cheeses are also sold at a number of markets and groceries around the Bay Area and beyond.
- Daily Driver is offering their cheese, butter, cream cheese and bagels for online order and delivery.
- Nicasio Valley Cheese’s organic farmstead cheese can be ordered online for direct shipping to your home, and can be found at many Bay Area markets and groceries.
- Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company’s cheeses can be ordered online for delivery to your home. If you’d like some pasture-raised meats to pair with your cheeses, Rossotti Ranch is now offering meat and cheese packages for order on its website.
- Tomales Farmstead Creamery cheese can now be pre-ordered online for pick up in downtown Tomales on Fridays from 3 – 5 p.m.
Find all of your local cheesemakers here. To learn how to purchase produce, meats, eggs and dairy directly from MALT producers, visit this page. A full list of retailers that carry MALT products can be found here.