Cowgirl Creamery: Red Hawk Potato Gratin
August 13, 2020
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces Red Hawk, cut in 16 wedges (including rind)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet and add butter and olive oil to the pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Turn off heat and add cream and half of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer half of the onion-cream mixture to a glass baking dish or casserole dish, and place one layer of potatoes on top. Follow with a layer of Red Hawk wedges. Add one more layer of potatoes, Red Hawk wedges and the remaining onion-cream mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another half hour or until the top is brown and bubbly.
Find Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk cheese at your local market’s cheese counter or order directly online via the link below!