Events on the Land: September 2022
September 2, 2022
Year-round, I feel lucky to live in Northern California, where every season allows us to enjoy the beauty and bounty of our Great Outdoors. With that in mind, I want to share some upcoming events on and about the land on which we live and happening in Marin during September.
Get events like these delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter
- Every Saturday through November, Point Reyes Station Farmers’ Market, 9 am – 2 pm, , Point Reyes Station
- September 3, Sand Castle Building, Marin Parks, Upton Beach
- September 5, Slide Ranch Volunteer Day, Muir Beach (recurring)
- September 8, Agri-Cultured Panel Discussion with Local Farmers, Petaluma
- September 10, Learn to Fly Fish, Stafford Lake Park
- September 10, 10th Annual Downtown Wine Stroll, Larkspur
- September 11, Marine Science Sunday, Marine Mammal Center, Sausalito
- September 12, Reservations open for u-pick apples, Chileno Valley Ranch (multiple dates)
- September 14, Senior Stroll, Corte Madera Creek
- September 14, West Marin Community Health Fair, Point Reyes Station
- September 17, California Coastal Cleanup Day, Stinson Beach
- September 17, California Coastal Cleanup Day, Drakes Beach
- September 17, Fibershed Community Gathering & Celebration, Point Reyes Station
- September 21, Adapting Your Landscape to be Resilient and Fire-Smart, online
- September 23-October 31, Mickelson Pumpkin Patch, Petaluma
- September 23-October 31, Petaluma Pumpkin Patch, Petaluma
- September 24, Hops and Vines Stroll, San Rafael
- September 24-October 31, Nicasio Valley Pumpkin Patch, Nicasio
- September 25, Hal Brown Park Sheet Mulching, Larkspur
Visit an upcoming farmers’ market to meet the producers of fresh cheeses, grass-fed meats, fresh veggies, and handmade crafts in your area! Check out the upcoming events calendar from Marin County Parks for more hikes, volunteer opportunities, and family events.
Also, please note that MALT is not the host of the events listed above, so please double check with the hosting organization or agency before venturing out. Some may have changes to dates and times, while others may have fees or restrictions.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Protect Farmland Forever
Give today and support our work protecting Marin County’s agricultural land.
– This post was authored by Becky Wiegand, Manager of Digital Communications & Community Engagement