Events in Marin: January 2023
By Becky Wiegand,
Manager, Digital Communications
December 20, 2022
With the new year upon us, we want to share the variety of events and activities in Marin in January where you can get outside and enjoy a fresh start to a bright 2023!
Check out the sections below, where you can find ways to give back through volunteering, ways to connect at local makers’ and farmers’ markets, and opportunities to be out on the land.
Get events like these, and more, delivered to your inbox each month.
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter
- January – February, Volunteer at WildCare’s Wildlife Hospital, San Rafael
- January 6, Native Plant Nursery Volunteer Days (weekly), Olema
- January 7, Broom Busters of Old St. Hilary’s, Tiburon
- January 8, Planting at Hal Brown Park, Larkspur
- January 14, MLK Jr Day of Service Wildfire Fuels Reduction Volunteer Day, Healdsburg
- January 21, MLK Jr Day of Service Wildfire Fuels Reduction Volunteer Day, Ross
- January 28, Ring Mountain Grassland Restoration, Tiburon
- January 29, Upton Beach Cleanup, Stinson Beach
Hikes, Walks, and Nature Talks
- January 1, New Year’s Day Sunrise Hike, China Camp, San Rafael
- January 4, San Geronimo Salmon, San Geronimo
- January 6, Age Friendly: Emergency Preparedness and Climate Action, Fairfax
- January 7, Coffee with a Ranger, San Rafael
- January 7, Full Moon Hike, Point Reyes Station
- January 7 (weekly), Drake’s Beach Discovery Program, Point Reyes National Seashore
- January 7, 14, 21, Creekwalk Tours of Lagunitas Watershed, Lagunitas
- January 7, 21, Behind-the-Scenes at The Marine Mammal Center, Sausalito
- January 10, Anticipating Winter Water Fowl, virtual
- January 10, Birds at Las Gallinas, San Rafael
- January 19, Tails of Two Cities: Wildlife Connectivity from the Bay to LA, virtual
- January 21, Coffee with a Ranger, Mill Valley
- January 21, Learn to Pier Fish, Tiburon
- January 21-22, King Tides (followed by tide pool exploration), most beaches!
- January 22, Family Walk: Buck Gulch, Novato
- January 25, Senior Stroll: Five Brooks, Olema
- January 28, Mycoblitz Mushroom Foray, Tiburon
- January 28, Cemetery Marsh Hike, Novato
- January 29, Abbotts Lagoon Walk, Point Reyes National Seashore
Farmers’ Markets, Fairs, and Family Fun!
- Farmers’ markets hosted by the Agricultural Institute of Marin
- Daily list of farmers’ markets around Marin
- January 7-8, Fungi Collecting Foray and Fungus Fair, Point Reyes National Seashore
- January 8, The French Market Marin, San Rafael
- January 16, Free entrance to all National Park Service sites in commemoration of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday
- January 20, Winter Sand Castle Build, San Rafael
- January 21, Wild in Marin: Third Annual Fungus Festival, Mill Valley
- January 29, Naturalist Book Club, San Rafael
- January 29, Winter Wonderland Magic Show, Novato
Please double check details at the links above before venturing out, as MALT is not the hosting organization of the events listed here. Dates, times, fees, or restrictions may change.
Eat Local, Stay Connected
Every time you shop, you can choose to support your local food economy and the farmers and ranchers who help steward this vital landscape. Start today!