Hosted by MALT and Walker Creek Ranch Outdoor School
Join MALT and Walker Creek Ranch Outdoor School for a fun-filled afternoon on the land experiencing what makes West Marin such a special place. This unique ranch has been MALT protected since 1986 and is host to one of the premier outdoor education programs in the Bay Area.
The afternoon of free activities and tastings will include:
- Naturalist-led hikes
- Sheep shearing demo and fiber education
- Ranch tour
- Watershed activity with CalTrout
- Local artisan cheese tastings
- Aquaculture education with Hog Island Oyster Co.
- Local food & producer marketplace
Bring a picnic from home or some cash to purchase a special West Marin ranch lunch from local vendors.
This event is free and open to the public but space is limited! Please register and we will provide the day’s schedule and the ranch address in advance of the event.
Appropriate: All ages welcome
- Address: Walker Creek Ranch Outdoor School, 1700 Marshall Petaluma Road, Petaluma, CA 94952
- Driving: Please look up directions using the address provided and print to bring with you as cell service can be intermittent in the area.
- Parking: As you arrive, please follow signs for the parking area.
- What to wear: We recommend wearing study shoes and dressing in layers.
- What to bring: Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- What not to bring: Please do not bring dogs to the ranch or leave them in your car during the event.
Banner photo: ©Walker Creek Ranch Outdoor School
Sheep Shearing Photo: ©Lora Kincade
Watershed Activity Photo: ©Walker Creek Ranch Outdoor School