As an innovative agricultural land trust, MALT operates at the intersection of agriculture and conservation. Our mission is to permanently protect Marin’s agricultural land for agricultural use. And our commitment is to the long-term health of the land itself, as well as to the farmers and ranchers who work on the land.
We invite you to join the MALT team—a dynamic and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
The Manager, Digital Communications is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Director of Communications. As a member of the communications team, this position helps design and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan using a wide range of social media, email marketing, digital ads, and other digital communications, and engagement strategies to advance MALT’s vision, outreach, fundraising and events efforts, and programmatic work.
This position effectively manages the work streams associated with a wide range of responsibilities including digital marketing systems implementation and management, and connecting with a diverse audience of community members, donors, agency and community partners, businesses, and local agriculturists. Additionally, this position will identify, engage, and retain new digital audiences to increase brand awareness.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and a creative and strategic thinker, and adept at facilitating collaborative and inclusive processes with diverse stakeholders and organizational decision-making on a broad array of topics. They must be experienced in developing, executing, and directing social media and email campaigns. As a member of the Communications team, the Manager, Digital Communications is responsible for the MALT brand and its recognition, digital communications, and final review of all MALT’s outgoing communications.
You are passionate about storytelling in all its media (written, photographic, and video). You care about food systems and preserving Marin County’s robust agricultural community. You are a learner interested in developing a wide breadth of communications skills including website copy development, search engine optimization, email marketing, and social media (organic postings and paid ads).
Additionally, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in communications, business, or related field, and 8 to 10 years of experience in digital/social media marketing communications preferably in a non-profit environment or any combination of education and work experience which would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed herein
- Exceptional command of social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X, and developing platforms) with ability to identify and adapt to new opportunities and technologies in order to maximize messaging dissemination
- Experience producing creative and dynamic written, graphic, video, and other digital content across a wide array of platforms
- Strong ability to create, manage, and execute email campaigns
- Experience managing digital ads
- Prior management of staff, freelance/contract support, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and ability to effectively prioritize work
- Track and analyze audience engagement metrics and other key performance data streams.
- Adapt digital communications and marketing tactics as needed to respond to audience behavior and feedback, and to most effectively integrate new technologies and trends
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to demonstrate strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills; familiarity with project management software preferred (e.g. Monday)
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google tools; experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Platform Knowledge: Engaging Networks, NXT, MailChimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Monday, Facebook, Instagram, X, LinkedIn, and Canva or similar platforms
- Photography and videography experience preferred
- Possess developed and versatile writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google Suite, preferred experience with Monday and Slack.
- Manage MALT’s digital social media and ad accounts and email marketing platform, and play a lead role in organizational use of event and donation management platforms and in evaluating the use of new features and tools and, if needed, lead selection and adoption of new tools
- Manage and lead all email marketing communications, including planning, writing, coordinating with other staff to review, designing, and sending enewsletters, ag enewsletters and emails, program updates, and other communications
- Lead social media marketing including planning strategy, developing and vetting content in advance, and regularly posting
- Lead digital ad campaigns to increase brand awareness and email list growth
- Write content across a wide array of platforms to strengthen MALT’s brand, increase community engagement, and inform targeted audiences
- Gather written and visual story material through regular on farm and ranch tours and visits and in-person meetings with local producers and partners
- Regularly report on digital marketing channel efforts and recommend strategy adjustments
- Support other teams to create, plan, and execute digital strategies and optimize use of channels
- Identify and advance digital media opportunities to collaborate with MALT partners and other relevant parties
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a flexible schedule that accommodates in-person and work-from-home schedules, requiring weekly presence in MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station, the West Marin community and some in-person collaboration with stakeholder groups including donors, agriculturalists, partners, and community members
Marin Agricultural Land Trust welcomes people of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs to join us in achieving our mission to permanently protect Marin’s agricultural land for agricultural use. MALT is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. We are a team that works together to achieve our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Salary $77,000-95,000, depending on experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- FSA Child Care
- FSA Medical
- Paid Time Off
- 403 (b); 403 (b) Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
→ CLICK HERE
Please no phone calls, walk-ins, or recruiters.