Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) permanently protects Marin County’s farms and ranches from development, ensuring that these working lands will continue to provide local food, open range and rich natural habitat for generations to come. Some of the Bay Area’s most acclaimed meats, cheeses, milk, fruits and vegetables come from farms and ranches protected by MALT. Since 1980 MALT has protected over 54,000 acres of Marin’s farmland, forever.
Digital Marketing Project
MALT is seeking to hire an experienced digital marketing consultant to develop and execute effective digital marketing strategies to assist MALT in achieving its business goals of fundraising, building brand, increasing engagement and email list growth. The digital marketing consultant’s responsibilities include overseeing MALT’s advertising campaigns, developing strategies to increase donor engagement through email, social media and website, identifying ways to improve MALT’s search engine rankings and analyzing data to report on efforts and make recommendations for testing and improvement.
- Design, plan, implement and monitor digital ad campaigns to fundraise, build brand, increase engagement and grow email list.
- Regularly calculate and report on MALT’s return on ad spend (ROAS) and other metrics and compare them against industry averages.
- Assess MALT’s current digital marketing strategies (website SEO, email, ads, lead magnets, events, social) and materials (collateral, landing and donate pages) to recommend where to invest to increase donations and engagement.
- Identify additional strategies beyond ads to acquire new digital-first donors.
- Identify strategies for converting print donors to digital.
- Evaluate whether a digital monthly gift-first strategy is effective with our donors.
- Evaluate MALT’s social media channel use relating to fundraising, brand, engagement and email list growth and make recommendations.
- Perform SEO audits to identify various issues impacting MALT’s search engine performance.
- Partner with staff in implementing digital ad campaigns to increase core competencies around digital marketing.
Deliverables/ Intended Outcomes
- Phase 1: Assessment of current digital marketing strategies, compilation of baseline data, recommendations on how to best achieve business goals via digital marketing and collaboration on growth goals.
- Phase 2: An increase in digital engagement, goals and metrics to be determined by baseline data.
- Phase 3: An increase in digital fundraising – revenue, engagement, conversions, digital-first donors, with goals and metrics determined by baseline data.
Six month consulting engagement:
- Phase 1: By August 1, 2021
- Phase 2: By October 31, 2021
- Phase 3: By December 31, 2021
Reporting/ Working Relationships
The consultant will report to the director of advancement and work closely with team members responsible for digital marketing. The senior managers of donor experience and communications will review the consultant’s methodology and serve as primary contacts. Advancement team members will provide resources and information.
- $40k for digital ads for 6 months
- $12-$15k consulting services
How to Submit a Proposal
Please submit your proposal to Jennifer Maude Carlin, director of advancement, at jcarlin[at]malt.org. No phone calls, please.
Marin Agricultural Land Trust welcomes people of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs to partner with us to achieve our mission to permanently protect Marin’s agricultural land for agricultural use. MALT is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. We are a team that works together to achieve our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams and encourage people from all backgrounds to submit a proposal.