Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agriculturalists and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s office is located just off Highway 1 in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family-friendly policies and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. During shelter-in-place orders, MALT staff are working from their homes. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
MALT seeks a versatile, detail-oriented Development Associate who will help our team achieve its ambitious fundraising goals. This team member is responsible for data entry and gift acknowledgment, as well as maintaining the donor database. The Development Associate is a problem-solver who is excited to implement systems and eager to support colleagues. This is a position for someone with database and online experience who wants to support our mission. This role will have opportunities to grow donor relations skills and increase knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge/NXT database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process gifts received via check, credit card, stock, online, etc., in a timely, consistent manner
- Accurately record updates and relevant information in the database
- Prepare personalized acknowledgment letters
- Maintain accurate constituent records in database, following set policies and procedures
- Serve as one of the first points of contact for the development and communications teams, responding to inquiries via phone and email
- Assist development team and other MALT staff with special projects and mailings as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
AA or BA/BS from accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and project management tools (i.e. BaseCamp)
- Strong interpersonal and service-oriented skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work, set and meet deadlines
This is a part-time, non-exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.