Marin Agricultural Land Trust is a nonprofit land trust created in 1980 by a coalition of ranchers and environmentalists to permanently protect Marin County farmland. Some of the Bay Area’s most highly acclaimed dairy and cheese products, grass-fed meats and organic crops are produced on farmland protected by MALT’s 91 agricultural conservation easements. MALT has permanently protected over 54,000 acres of West Marin’s diverse mosaic of coastal grasslands, oak woodlands, rangelands and pastoral open space. MALT is committed to supporting sustainable management, climate-beneficial and regenerative agriculture in Marin County, including farming and grazing practices that rebuild soil organic matter and improve soil biodiversity to draw down carbon and improve the water cycle.
MALT seeks a digital marketing communications and community engagement professional with 7-10 years of related experience. Working with the marketing team, this person will help design and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan using a wide range of social media, email marketing, digital communications, and community engagement strategies to advance MALT’s vision, outreach, fundraising efforts, and programmatic work. They must be able to manage the work streams associated with a wide range of responsibilities ranging from event management and digital marketing design, to connecting with a diverse audience of community members, donors, agency/community partners, businesses, and local agriculturists. They will also work to identify, engage, and retain new audiences to increase awareness and deepen overall brand saturation.
Applicant must be a creative and strategic thinker, and adept at facilitating collaborative and inclusive processes with diverse stakeholders and organizational decision-making on a broad array of topics. They must be experienced in developing, executing, and directing social media and email campaigns. Together with the Marketing & Communications team, the Manager, Digital Marketing Communications & Community Engagement is responsible for the MALT brand and its recognition, digital communications, and final review of all MALT’s outgoing communications.
The Manager, Digital Marketing Communications & Community Engagement reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Manage all of MALT’s digital media accounts
- Produce creative digital content across a wide array of digital platforms to strengthen MALT’s brand, increase community engagement, and inform targeted audiences
- Help ideate and execute new digital/social/ media marketing communications plans
- Work with and support the other departments to create, plan, and execute digital and in- person events and other engagement opportunities
- Identify and advance digital media opportunities to collaborate with MALT partners and other relevant parties
- Manage all of MALT’s digital media accounts
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and expertise sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position
- 7-10 years of directly related experience in digital/social media marketing communications, and community engagement work, preferably in a nonprofit environment
Knowledge and Abilities
- Exceptional command of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and developing platforms) with ability to identify and adapt to new opportunities and technologies in order to maximize messaging dissemination
- Experience producing creative and dynamic graphic, video, and other digital content across a wide array of platforms
- Strong ability to create, manage, and execute email campaigns
- Experience producing and running virtual events on Zoom and other digital webinar platforms
- Prior management of staff, freelance/contract support, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to effectively prioritize work
- Track and analyze audience engagement metrics and other key performance data streams. Adapt digital communications and marketing tactics as needed to respond to audience behavior and feedback, and to most effectively integrate new technologies and trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker
- Strong project management skills; familiarity with project management software preferred (e.g. Basecamp)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; experience with Adobe Creative Suite; iMovie,
- Platform Knowledge: Engaging Networks, NXT, MailChimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Basecamp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Canva required
- Photography and videography experience required
- Developed and versatile writing, editing, and oral communication skills necessary
This is a full-time, exempt position that requires some presence in MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station, the West Marin community and some in-person collaboration with stakeholder groups including donors, agriculturalists, partners, and community members. Salary range of $70-$80k with excellent benefits.
Marin Agricultural Land Trust welcomes people of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs to join us in achieving our mission to permanently protect Marin’s agricultural land for agricultural use. MALT is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. We are a team that works together to achieve our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
→ CLICK HERE
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.