Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agriculturalists and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s office is located just off Highway 1 in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family-friendly policies and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. During shelter-in-place orders, MALT staff are working from their homes. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
MALT seeks an energetic, versatile communications and development professional to support our fundraising, communications and events teams. The development and communications associate is responsible for the implementation of digital communications to support these functions.
This full-time position reports to MALT’s associate manager of communications and design and works in close collaboration with members of the full development, community engagement and communications teams. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and detail oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with development and communications staff, manage implementation of MALT’s online fundraising program by creating, testing and sending emails to defined segments of our supporter base;
- Support the senior manager, donor experience in meeting stated deadlines and goals for this program;
- Support the fundraising, communications, community engagement teams in regularly reviewing and reporting on user engagement analytics and digital fundraising campaigns;
- Support communications and community engagement teams in sending regular emails to the base (news of easement closures, monthly e-newsletters, special topic emails, etc.)
- Support major gifts and donor stewardship teams in creating event registration pages, emails, and auto-responders for MALT’s many digital and in-person events
- Support communications team in publishing new website content, from blog posts to event pages, as well as completing regular updates.
- Serve as one of MALT’s primary copy editors, proofing emails, e-appeals, e-newsletters, website content, action pages, fundraising pages and event pages as well as print publications
- Create digital materials that comply with digital best practices and MALT’s message and branding guidelines;
- Serve as proofreader for MALT’s social media channels as necessary;
- Manage online donation and event registration portals and other landing pages;
- Manage digital asset library, including media, photos, videos, maps, stats, and other data;
Vendors and consultants, as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and project
- Knowledge and experience in online communications and fundraising
- Excellent writing skills desired, especially for a digital environment
- Experience with many of the following programs and CRMs or comparable platforms: Engaging Networks, Raiser’s Edge 7/NXT, WordPress, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience implementing email marketing campaigns; HTML familiarity, e-newsletter design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as a team
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format email@example.com.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.