Marin Agricultural Land Trust permanently protects Marin County's family farms and ranches from development, ensuring that these working lands will continue to provide local food, open range and rich natural habitat for generations to come. Some of the Bay Area's most acclaimed meats, cheeses, milk, fruits and vegetables come from farms and ranches protected by MALT. Since 1980 MALT has protected 48,000 acres of Marin's private farmland, forever.
MALT seeks a seasoned communications professional with 5-7 years of directly related experience for the position of Communications Manager. This person plans, guides and implements the organization’s communications and outreach strategy in support of MALT’s fundraising and other external relations goals and objectives.
The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Development, supervises the Communications Associate, and Event & Volunteer Manager, and works closely and collaboratively with all departments of the organization and the Executive Director. This person is a member of the management team.
Marketing & Comunications
- In service to the organization’s fundraising and public relations objectives, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan and measure success.
- Develop and ensure consistent implementation of mission-centered messaging, voice, visual identity and overall MALT brand.
- Serve as the primary copywriter and manage design and print production for a breadth of marketing and communications collateral, including but not limited to newsletter, annual report, marketing pieces, brochures, invitations, merchandise, promo materials, signage and stationery.
- Market MALT programs, including events, membership and fundraising campaigns, and generate exposure for MALT-affiliated farm product producers.
- Direct strategy and oversee day-to-day implementation and analysis of digital communications, including website, email marketing, social media and multimedia projects.
- Direct strategy and oversee implementation of media outreach and public relations.
- Manage merchandise program.
- Manage advertising.
- Review and approve materials produced by other departments.
- Plan and/or manage other projects as needed.
- Oversee MALT’s community outreach and public events programs, executed by the Event & Volunteer Manager and Event & Outreach Associate.
- With team, set annual goals and analyze the effectiveness of public and member events and community outreach.
- Identify, with team, strategic audiences to reach via public outreach and events.
- Manage communications and outreach staff.
- Manage outside contractors and vendors.
- Develop and manage the budget for communications and outreach programs.
- 5-7 years of directly related experience in public relations, marketing, media relations and/or communications, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Exemplary writing, editing and oral communication skills with proficiency in AP Style
- Management experience required
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Strong design senseIntegrated marketing experience
- Strong command of digital media; proficiency with CMS and CRM preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable
- 4-year degree required
- Highly collaborative style
- Mature judgment and leadership skills
This is a full-time, exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.